- Top 10 Best Concert Ukulele Reviews
- 1. Lanikai LU22CGC Concert Ukulele Natural
- 2. Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele
- 3. Elvis Zebrawood Concert 23-Inch Ukulele
- 4. Luna Great Wave Best Concert Ukulele Bundle
- 5. Kohala Akamai Best Concert Ukulele
- 6. Cordoba 15cm Concert Ukulele
- 7. Deviser D10 Concert Ukulele
- 8. Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele with Gig Bag
- 9. Hola! Concert Ukulele Deluxe Series
- 10. FLEA Concert Ukulele + Free Case
- Final thoughts on the best concert ukuleles
These are considered part of a group known as the standard types of ukuleles. There are also hybrid ukuleles and various versions of the standard ones, but these four are usually what you’ll find when shopping for ukuleles.
How do you know what to look for when trying to find the best concert ukulele? Just as with any other musical instrument, there are pros and cons to each ukulele brand and model.
A little online research can help you discover what those pros and cons are so that you can decide for yourself which ukulele to purchase in the end.
The concert type of ukulele is a very versatile instrument, and it is a bit larger than the soprano ukulele, which is the smallest of the four types.
It was introduced in 1920 and is still around today. It comes in all types of materials, electronic options, and price ranges. If you’re searching for a top-notch concert ukulele, the following suggestions will likely help.
Based on many different reviews, here are general descriptions of each model and the pros and cons that you may want to consider when you go to purchase the ukulele that is right for you.
Top 10 Best Concert Ukulele Reviews
ELVIS Zebrawood Concert 23′ Ukulele Bundle with Gig Bag,Professional 23″ Acoustic for Professional Performance
1. Lanikai LU22CGC Concert Ukulele Natural
The best concert ukulele is usually made of either mahogany, Koa, or Nato, the latter being what is used for this particular model.
The Lanikai LU22CGC is a beautiful instrument that is also extremely affordable, and its fretboard is made of rosewood.
The Aquila strings remain tuned for a very long time, and the uke itself comes with a bag and a tuner for your convenience, making it perfect for beginners. Below are the pros and cons of purchasing the LU22CGC Lanikai concert ukulele.
- It is very attractive, particularly the redwood finish.
- It comes with a clip-on tuner.
- The strings are made of a synthetic material that is easy to play and has a nice tone.
- It comes with a perfectly sized bag and polishing cloth.
- Tuning the instrument may be difficult for beginners.
Conclusion: If you want a beautiful, easy-to-play ukulele, this is definitely one that you’ll want to consider. Just be careful with the frets, which may need to be sharpened a bit before you play it the first time so that your fingers aren’t harmed.
2. Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert Ukulele
The Oscar Schmidt OU5 ukulele is made almost entirely of Hawaiian Koa, and it is usually finished with a high gloss for extra beauty.
The Aquila strings give it a mellow but very pleasant sound, and it is well balanced and comfortable to hold. Below are the pros and cons of purchasing the Oscar Schmidt OU5 concert ukulele.
- It is high in quality and very attractive.
- The frets are filed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
- It features Aquila strings for longer tunes.
- Top-notch tuners are included.
- It is not as loud as some other ukes.
Conclusion: Of course, in many circumstances, this con may be considered something positive because all players have their own preferences and tastes when it comes to the best concert ukulele out there.
3. Elvis Zebrawood Concert 23-Inch Ukulele
Made of 100% zebrawood, the Elvis uke boasts great workmanship and attention to detail. The backboard’s convex design means that the frets will always be comfortable to the touch.
The Aquila strings are some of the best strings around, and it comes as a kit with everything you need to start playing immediately.
- It displays great craftsmanship and quality.
- The tuning pegs are nice and solid.
- The frets are fine.
- The convex backboard creates a better sound.
- It comes with Aquila strings and a nice bag.
- The uke does not come with any strap buttons.
Conclusion: This one even includes a bag with a front pocket and two separate straps, providing you with two different ways to carry the instrument.
4. Luna Great Wave Best Concert Ukulele Bundle
When you first take a look at the Luna ukulele, you’ll immediately appreciate the design, which depicts beautiful blue ocean-like waves and a beautiful background.
The looks, however, aren’t the only thing to appreciate with this concert ukulele because the instrument is made out of mahogany and produces a crisp, clear, resonating sound when you play it.
- It features great beauty and construction.
- The tuning gears are top quality.
- Aquila strings make it easy to tune.
- It offers a unique, exceptional tone.
- You have to file the frets yourself.
Conclusion: With a unique shape and colorful design, this is one ukulele that will definitely catch your attention.
5. Kohala Akamai Best Concert Ukulele
If you prefer to keep things simple, the Kohala Akamai ukulele is for you. It has a dark brown body so it’s very attractive and the mahogany it’s made out of produces both a great sound and an elegant look.
It has a rosewood fingerboard and Aquila strings, and it is easy to tune as well. Moreover, its deep, rich sound will have you very proud to be the owner of one of these ukuleles and its geared tuners make tuning it a lot simpler.
- It is made from mahogany on the top, back, and sides.
- It has Aquila strings for convenience.
- Its design produces excellent tone quality.
- It includes geared tuners.
- It does not come with its own bag.
Conclusion: Simple and elegant but with a tone quality you’ll love, this is a great choice when you’re researching the very best concert ukulele on the market.
6. Cordoba 15cm Concert Ukulele
Because this uke is made of mahogany, it produces a nice warm sound that is sure to please all listeners. The instrument is made by hand, it comes with a satin finish, and it has nylon strings that stay tuned for a long time.
Other than taking some time to break in your fingers, the uke is perfect for both beginners and experts and the low frets always mean excellent sound regardless of the type of music you’re playing.
- It has low frets for better sound.
- It features a mahogany top, bottom, and sides.
- It has nylon strings for convenience.
- Fretboards are made of rosewood.
- It displays a very beautiful design.
- The frets are not always filed as well as they could have been.
Conclusion: If you’re looking for the best concert ukulele available, researching all of your options is crucial, and this ukulele should definitely be on the list of instruments to consider.
7. Deviser D10 Concert Ukulele
A great concert ukulele, the Deviser D10 is made with both rosewood and spruce, making it a very durable instrument indeed.
In addition, if you’re a guitar player and wish to transition to something that is similar to an acoustic guitar, this ukulele is definitely one to consider.
It has a great sound, is easy to play, and is by far one of the most solid ukuleles on the market.
- It offers a fairly loud sound.
- It is very solid and long-lasting.
- It features nylon Aquila strings.
- It has a very warm and pleasant tone.
- Some of the frets can sound a bit “off.”
Conclusion: This ukulele even looks similar to an acoustic guitar, and the best part is that you can put it through a lot of abuse without worrying about the instrument being destroyed or damaged.
8. Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele with Gig Bag
If you want a concert uke that is both eye-catching and sounds great, this one might be for you. It has a beautiful mahogany body that includes etched designs that look similar to tattoos and it has beautiful inlays made out of shark teeth.
The fretboard is made of rosewood, and it has a very warm, resonating sound. Its tuners are easy to use, and unlike some ukuleles, it does not sound as if it is a child’s toy but instead produces a sound that everyone will love.
- It features very easy-to-use and effective tuners.
- It has a captivating design that everyone will love.
- A high-quality bag is included.
- The top, back, and sides are made of mahogany.
- It comes with reliable Aquila strings.
- You may need to change the tuning pegs eventually.
Conclusion: If you want a uniquely designed but high-quality ukulele, this one should definitely be on your list of considerations.
9. Hola! Concert Ukulele Deluxe Series
With nicely filed frets and a beautiful sound, the Hola! Music ukulele is also one of the most reasonably priced ukes on the market. For one low price, you get the instrument itself, a bag, a strap, and three picks.
The rubber tuning pegs are easy on your fingers and therefore easy to use. Its well-made bag is only one of the things that makes it a great deal for your money.
- It comes with everything you need to start playing immediately.
- It features Italian Aquila strings for effective tuning.
- It is made of strong mahogany.
- The backboard is a convex design for extra high-quality tone.
- Some notes may need to be a little more balanced.
Conclusion: If you are looking for the best concert ukulele but also wish to start out with a cheap uke, this is definitely one to consider.
10. FLEA Concert Ukulele + Free Case
With a unique flat bottom and slightly round design, the Flea concert uke will definitely catch your attention. It is made of a natural wood grain that is very attractive, usually with a neck of hard maple and a top made of birch.
It has a tone that comes alive as soon as you start playing and the frets are not made of metal as in most ukes, so it is easy for your fingers to slide across the notes effortlessly.
To make your purchase even more enticing, the company donates a portion of each sale to the Children’s Hospital Musical Therapy organization. Also, take a look at this killing guide on choosing the best ukulele for your kids.
- The company donates to a worthy organization with each sale.
- It is beautiful and uniquely designed.
- Top-notch tuners are made by Grover.
- Non-metallic frets are easy on the fingers.
- It may be too expensive for many beginners to purchase.
Conclusion: A unique design and eye-catching look combined with a beautiful tone quality make the Flea ukuleles very popular indeed.
Final thoughts on the best concert ukuleles
If you’re trying to find the best concert ukulele available, you may determine that the term “best” can be subjective. When doing your research, you need to take into consideration the durability of the instrument, the overall tone quality, the ease of learning to play the instrument, and, of course, the cost to purchase it.
Plenty of reviews are available on objective websites that can provide you with all of this information and more, making it quite simple for you to decide on your own which one to buy.
That being said, many experts recommend the Hola! Music concert ukulele, which is described above, as the perfect concert uke for beginners. The company that makes the uke concentrates on making a high-quality but reasonably priced ukulele.
And since it comes with everything you need to start playing, you can simply take it out of the package and start strumming.
Concert ukuleles are a little larger than soprano ukuleles, which makes them a perfect instrument for beginners. Of course, this is not to say that more advanced players won’t love playing the concert ukes because any ukulele player can enjoy this type of instrument.
If you’re looking for your first or even a replacement ukulele, doing your due diligence is important and so is taking into consideration all aspects of what makes a uke a uke.
You can also find ukuleles in various music stores, both regular and online, which allows you to compare not only features but prices as well. And the sooner you find the perfect ukulele, the sooner you’ll be able to enjoy the many benefits of playing one.